Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Reading from the Bucket List...

You'll have to go back and read the archives if you don't know why I call my New Year's Resolution list the Bucket List. Anywho-

One of the things on the list is "read more books." That would be non-kid books. PTA manuals don't count either.

So far, I've knocked out about 1 a month. Not too shabby. I did a few funny ones, one serious pseudo-educational one, and one sci-fi/fantasy. Now I'm adding a classic to the list - Watership Down. True - I have read it before, but it's been about 18 years - long enough that I didn't really remember all that happened in the book. So it was tons of fun reading it - I could barely put the damned thing down! ("Ya Meeter Pig Vig - I elp you get the mudders, ya?") Love that book.

Next I'm trying to get my hands on a book recommended to me by my friend Deb. It's called "I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell", and Deb says it is one of the funniest books she's ever read. Deb is a HUGE reader, so if she says it, it must be true. Apparently it's really good, because my neighborhood book store was flat sold out of it - it's on back order. And the Library has a waiting list about 2 years long.

If I ever get my hands on a copy, I'll let you know how it is. I'm also eyeing a book by Jen Lancaster called "Bitter Is The New Black." The title alone sounds hilarious! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

amy said...

do you know I've NEVER read Watership Down? Crazy, right?

Another book that's on my to-do list and probably should be on yours is "The Day I Ate Whatever I Wanted."
http://tinyurl.com/6flhzv
It's a collection of short stories, but the first one is about a woman who walks out of her WW meeting upon deciding all the women are too skinny to be there, and eats whatever she wants for the rest of the day. Somehow I feel we'll be able to relate!