Sunday, September 10, 2017

Hurricane Irma Update, Sarcasm-and-Wine Edition

Hurricane update, sarcasm-and-wine edition:

We're pretty much screwed. Cat 4 headed straight for us.  We decided today to semi-board up the biggest upstairs window, but since plywood has been a rarity in Tampa since Tuesday, we boarded it up with parts of our daughter's loft bed. Not. Kidding. My kid's bed is now screwed to the outside of my house.

We broke the grill trying to move it into the garage. We ordered some critical supplies over a week ago, but Amazon & UPS failed us.  (If I find the UPS driver that has my combo solar-charging weather radio/flashlight/cell phone charger I'm going to kick his ass.)

After managing all the preparations we could this morning, we decided to get in the pool. We may be the first sunburned pre-hurricane victims in history.

The kids are great. Karlin's pretty pissed about her loft bed, but really - teenage drama.  Like she can't sleep normally with her mattress on the floor.  I took her to 7-11 for junk food to console her.  Apparently one loft bed is worth 2 bags of Swedish Fish and a Slurpee.  Who knew?

 Chase is SO EXCITED because there's a "hurricane event" in one of his video games.  Dude - I have got your "virtual reality" riiiiggght over here..."

We have plenty of food, water, and ice - so that's good. And wine, because apparently red wine is a great anecdote to panic attacks.

I'll be back tomorrow, probably not nearly as funny until I get the Baileys in my coffee. Until then, BE SAFE YA'LL!

#IrmaSucks #Irmageddon #HurricaneIrma

No comments: