Thursday, January 20, 2011

Micellaneous Observations For The Day

Star Date Thursday Jan. 20, 2011. Captain's Log:

* I want to cheerfully beat my friend, who has lost 50 pounds and is still not happy about it.

* There is a video on the Internet of this stupid lady who was text messaging in the mall, and as a result fell into a fountain. Some security camera caught it, and someone then posted it on You Tube. Now the lady has a LAWSUIT. This? Right here? Is why America is so messed up. Instead of laughing and saying "ha ha - maybe I should have been watching where I was going..." She's now claiming that she "could have been hurt" and someone should have helped her. Please. My quote for the day?

"Stupidity is Public Domain."

* Let's imagine for a moment that there is a 9 Year Old girl, who - after school yesterday - managed to take off her khaki pants and put them God Only Knows Where. Knowing the next day is class picture day, Mom does the laundry so that beautiful brilliant 9 year old can have nice clean khakis for school the next day. Flash forward 14 hours. 9 year old never actually put her pants in the hamper, meaning they didn't get washed. The only pair that are now clean are "too tight in the legs, and too big in the waist, and are a nightmare!" (said with as much angst as a 9 year old drama queen can muster up at 7:40 in the morning...) This is the same pair of pants that I bought 10 days ago, and that were fine last week.

* Which leads up to our next observation, which is: Why can't the kids put their clothes in the clothes hamper? I mean, they can put them on the floor next to the hamper. Why can't they make it the extra 3 inches to the hamper? This would ensure that pants stay found, and that the laundry gets done. Is it because their dad has the same problem with dishes and the dishwasher? or because I have the same problem with my shoes and the shoe cubbies in the closet?

* Two weeks on Weight Watchers. One pound. Enough said.

* Lately I have had the urge to get rid of stuff. Maybe it's because I've been watching Hoarders on A&E.

* I'm beginning to suspect that the real reason I want a vacation condo is so I can have a pretty, clean place that actually STAYS CLEAN.

* Good Morning America is doing a story about "Tiger Moms." What in the heck is a Tiger Mom? They aren't talking about animals.

* Starbucks is apparently trying to ease the inconvenience of having to buy two Venti coffees by offering a new 31 oz version. Maybe a good idea, but 31 ounces is bigger than the capacity of the average stomach. meaning your coffee will get cold before you can finish it.

* Coffee and Comics are the best! :)

1 comment:

amy said...

40. Needs to be 50, sadly is not.

so what was a Tiger mom?

B's stuff lands in the hamper, but is always all balled and crumpled up, so when I pull it out of the dryer it's still wet. Drives me batshit.