Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Thing About Me

The thing about me is - I'm a pessimist. Big time. My glass is always half empty (usually because I drank it.) I am always going to have trouble finding a place to park. Christmas is always going to be a big hassle. Friends are always going to move away, and family is always going to be problematic. I will never lose weight. About 50% of the time I'm in a bad mood. Or tired. Or both. Maybe more than 50%.

Why am I like this? I dunno. My sister would tell you it's because I'm like my Mom. (although I contend I'm not nearly as bad as she is - my Mom.) I think it's maybe because of some rough times when I was a teen. Or maybe because sometimes I just can't believe that things are going so well, so something bad is bound to happen. Or maybe because I have low self-esteem. In any case, it's the way I am.

I have two friends who are so positive and so cheerful and so upbeat. They see the best side of everything. They can always put a good spin on things. I wish I could be more like that, but I'm not.

About the only time I am really 100% relaxed and positive is when I am in my pool, preferably with a beer or margarita - soaking up the sun and looking at the palm trees, OR when I'm at the beach. I dream that maybe a new shiny Louie Vuitton will change my outlook in life, but that's just shallow. (But still...a girl can dream)

The point is - I'm a pessimist.

1 comment:

amy said...

the funny thing is I'd never call you a pessimist. I have some friends who definitely fit that category. You're a bit of a realist, maybe a little cynical, maybe a worrier - I don't know, maybe we're too alike so I don't see it.

I almost added a comment about Kiefer in that blog. He was one of the first things I thought of when we got back in touch. Him, I got. He was one of the first dogs I ever "knew" and really liked. I even think it's maybe why when I finally said yes to a dog, it was a Golden. Kiefer rocked.