Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Finger Painting, Ferraris, and Whole Wheat Pasta

OK - as explanation to the whole "flying margarita" thing...you have to go back 2 posts and read "Top 10 Reasons Why I Should Be an Alcoholic". One of those reasons had to do with my inability to relax and let Chase be creative. So I started working on that. The photo is proof that I tried. This would be C's painting on one of our large picture windows. (I painted too - palm trees, fish, margaritas...) Anyway, I let C paint his "island", made up of about 6 different colors all mixed together. I also didn't freak out at the paint splatters on the window or wall (no worries about the carpet - I had put a sheet down.) All in all, I think it was good progress. Today, we colored in a coloring book for a half an hour or so. C did his side, and I did mine. I didn't even freak out when he took his fuchsia marker and began embellishing my wonderful masterpiece "Cow Baking an Apple Pie." It was really, really hard, but I bit my tongue and let him have at it. Hopefully my hard-won restraint will pay off in creative dividends for my little man.

Ferraris are really cool cars. Have you ever seen one up close before? Have you ever ridden in one? Have you ever driven one? Most people I know would answer "no" to all of those questions. But my friend has a bright and shiny red one right in her garage! It is be-you-tee-ful. I have now seen it up close, I hope to get a ride in it someday, and she'd be damned crazy to even think about letting me drive it! Here's the thing: some people might be jealous or envious of this person's car. Some people might make assumptions about this person because of this car (not an unusual occurrence in this relatively wealthy part if Tampa.) But this person really deserves this car. She and her husband worked really hard for a lot of years, and their work has paid off. These people are the some of the kindest, most humble, most caring people I know. They didn't grow up with money, so they appreciate their blessings all that much more. I could not be more excited for my friend - I think it is all WAY COOL. So if you see a hot strawberry blonde chick driving around Tampa in a red Ferrari blaring Aerosmith or Motley Crue, honk and wave! ;)

I'll finish up with the pasta. Who's brilliant idea was it to introduce "Whole Wheat Pasta" into the American diet? Have you tried this stuff? IT SUCKS. The Ronzo sucks. The Mueller sucks. The Publix brand sucks. It's just awful. I mean, I suppose we all want to be healthier. But I wouldn't eat dirt if you told me THAT was healthy. So why in the hell would we eat this crap? I'm fairly certain that they don't eat whole wheat pasta in Italy. (Not 100% certain, but I'm willing to gamble on this one.) Haven't people been making pasta for thousands of years? In all those years, how many times did Whole Wheat Pasta become popular? None. That's because it sucks. I made a "healthy pasta salad" last week. It was so bad, we literally threw it in the trash and ate cereal for dinner instead. So save yourself the trouble and just go ahead and get the good ole pasta that we all know and love. Eating it on occasion isn't going to kill you. However, the taste of the whole wheat crap just might!

PS - keep your fingers crossed for my baby girl - we're going to see Dr. Dickhead to get her adenoids out on Thursday. (see earlier post about Adenoids and Dr. Dickhead...)

1 comment:

amy said...

how is she doing? everything go OK? (I should probably just send you an email, huh?)