Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Holy s&*t! I Did It!

I am still slightly in shock that - somehow - I managed to complete a progressive Iron Man Triatlon. What does this mean?

Well, basically it means you have 1 month - 31 days, to be exact - to run 26.2 miles, bike 112 miles, and swim 2.4 miles. The month was January, and hell - I DID IT! Just barely, mind you, but still!

If you want to get nitpicky about it, I actually did a little MORE than required. I swam exactly 2.4 miles. But! I ran 26.6 miles (.4 miles over) AND I biked 112.5 miles (.5 over).

I tried to do this last year, when the event had the option of doing the half-distance, and you had 2 months to do it. I got halfway there, then got strep throat and was sidelined.

This year, though, I did it. I literally took the whole month to do it (I completed the last 12 miles of the bike and 1/2 miles of the run ON Jan. 31st). I just want to say that I have NO FREAKIN' IDEA how people do that in a day. Several people in this event - the prize winners - actually were competing in how many times they could complete the distances.

And I lost 10 punds too. Not too shabby. Anybody wanna do it with me next year? ;)

2 comments:

newsdeb said...

you. freakin'. rock.

amy said...

Did I ever tell you you're my hero? You're everything I wish I could be ....

Ok, seriously though, that kicks ass. I'm training to be able to WALK a HALF marathon NEXT January.