Sunday, October 1, 2017

The Progression of Insomnia

It's 11:25 pm.  Me:  "I have to get up at 5:30.  I should go to bed."

**  Goes to bed **

My brain:

"It's hot in here.  I wonder what the thermostat is set on.  Maybe I should go check.  No - I need to go to sleep."

"My feet are cold.  Should I get socks?"

"Did I close the garage door?  I think I closed the garage door.  Maybe I'll go check.  I'll check the garage door and the thermostat at the same time."

** Gets out of bed, goes downstairs, checks thermostat and garage door, both of which are fine.  Gets back in bed. **

"Damn.  I forgot to get socks.  I should get socks."

** 5 minutes passes **

"My feet are still cold.  I should have gotten socks. I don't feel like getting up again."

**  5 minutes passes.  Gets up and gets socks. **

"Did I take my medicine?  I think I did.  Crap - was the final payment due today?  No - I'm pretty sure it's Monday.  What was that noise?  Where is the dog?  It's probably Chase on his electronics.  I should go see."

** Gets out of bed and checks on son, who is soundly asleep.  Checks on dog, who is also soundly asleep. **

"Now my feet are hot.  Does Karlin have practice tomorrow?  Oh wait - that's Chase.  Who's driving?  Is it my turn to drive?  I haven't driven in awhile.  It's probably my turn.  Crap.  I forgot to go buy Puerto Rico donation supplies.  First aid kits, work gloves, wipes.  I wonder if Amazon Prime can get them here tomorrow? "

** Picks up phone to check Amazon.  Determines supplies can't get there in time. Checks Fantasy Football match-up while phone is out. **

"OK.  I can't sleep.  I should count something.  Breaths? Sheep? Maybe I should try sleeping somewhere else.  It IS really hot in here."

** Goes downstairs and gets in recliner. **

"OK - it's cooler down here.  And I can rock, so that's good."

** Rocks in recliner for 25 minutes.  Doesn't work. **

"Shit.  This isn't working.  I may as well go do something productive."

** Spends 30 minutes cleaning off desk. Goes back to bed. **

"It's now 2:37 am.  I have to get up in less than 3 hours.  This is going to SUCK."

**  Takes 1/2 of a Tylenol PM.  Falls asleep. **

5:35 am:  OMG THIS IS WHAT HELL FEELS LIKE.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great information! thanks for sharing.
Heart Surgery in Ranchi

Unknown said...

Love this blog! thanks for sharing.
Plots for Sale in Ranchi